Home > Administrator
2013 Award Nominations
Oregon Youth Soccer presents awards at its Annual General Meeting to some of the many outstanding people who have provided outstanding service to its member clubs and the families they serve. We know about these people because you tell us what they have done for you, your children, and your club when you nominate them for awards.
Do you know someone who has given outstanding service to the Oregon Youth Soccer community? This is your chance to help that person receive well-deserved recognition. Oregon Youth Soccer is now accepting nominations for its 2013 Annual Awards.
Oregon Youth Soccer's awards are part of the US Youth Soccer recognition program. The persons who receive awards from Oregon are nominated to US Youth Soccer Region IV to be considered for regional awards. Regional award winners are then nominated for national awards. Regional and national award winners are recognized at the US Youth Soccer Awards Gala that is held at the US Youth Soccer workshop each January. Recipients of the 2013 Oregon awards will be nominated for consideration of awards to be presented at the 2014 US Youth Soccer Awards Gala.
Oregon Youth Soccer will be making awards in the following categories:
An individual may be nominated and selected as the Administrator of the Year for extraordinary accomplishments in the administration of soccer if the individual-
(1) has been a soccer administrator for US Youth Soccer, a region, a State Association (including any of its territorial areas), or a member or team of any of those organizations for at least four seasonal years; and
(2) is not a member of the Board of Directors of US Youth Soccer during the seasonal year for which the individual is being nominated.
The individual may be selected for extraordinary accomplishments as a soccer coach if the individual-
(1) coached for at least one season during the seasonal year immediately prior to the seasonal year for which the individual is being nominated;
(2) is coaching during the seasonal year for which the nomination is being made; and
(3) coached and is coaching for US Youth Soccer, a region, a State Association, a member club/team of any of those organizations.
An individual may be nominated for any of the four Coach of the Year awards, but may be selected by a State Association for only one Coach of the Year award for a year.
Nominations are accepted in the categories of:
An individual may be nominated and selected as the TOPSoccer Buddy of the Year for extraordinary accomplishments as a TOPSoccer Buddy if the individual, in carrying out the US Youth Soccer TOPSoccer program and its events and activities-
(1) has demonstrated patience, understanding, dependability, flexibility, and ability to adjust to ever-changing on-field situations;
(2) has proven to be an invaluable volunteer who facilitates the Program by filling many roles, including being a coach, a cheerleader, a role model, and assisting when needed with administrative responsibilities;
(3) has provided support, engaged players one-on-one, and modeled desired behavior in group play or off to the side of group play; and
(4) is cognizant of player safety while assisting, guiding, directing, teaching the game of soccer and its skills, and creating a fun and learning experience.
An individual may be nominated and selected as the Volunteer of the Year for extraordinary accomplishments as a volunteer if the individual-
(1) was a volunteer for a State Association or a member of a State Association;
(2) is an excellent role model for the community beyond soccer;
(3) has favorable relations with other members of the soccer community;
(4) demonstrates a willingness to promote players and soccer;
(5) is a positive role model for all volunteers;
(6) is of sound moral and ethical character;
(7) through participation, has increased the opportunities for others to participate in soccer;
(8) has not previously received national or other significant recognition from US Youth Soccer for contributions to soccer, but is well known in his or her community and is a true hero of grassroots soccer;
(9) has not received any compensation for the volunteer efforts.
In addition to the Oregon Youth Soccer awards, there are two awards that are directly managed by US Youth Soccer - Goal of the Year and Save of the Year. These awards are based on video nominations submitted directly to US Youth Soccer. Instructions for submitting the nominations are in the forms.
To submit a nomination click the link for the award name to open the nomination form. Please be sure to submit all of the required documentation. Nominations are due by November 30, 2012.