OYSA Job Listing
Home > About OYSA > Jobs/Volunteer > Head Boys Soccer Coach
Head Boys Soccer Coach
About the Position
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The competent coach will:
1. Responsible for determining the system of play.
2. Responsible for scheduling and conducting practice sessions with due consideration for the health and welfare of students and staff.
3. Responsible for establishing and maintaining effective communication with parents, players and Athletic Director.
4. Responsible for the promotion of the sport by cooperating with newspapers and other media.
5. Responsible to model respect for the judgment of officials and their interpretation of the rules; refraining from public protests which often lead to similar behavior by the players and spectators.
6. Responsible to model good sportsmanship, fair play, and ethical conduct at all times. You are further expected to require the same of assistant coaches and players.
7. Responsible for review and compliance of School Board policies regarding harassment of students. You are further expected to require the same of any assistant coaches and players.
8. Responsible for the team’s conduct during practice, travel, at contests, and all other times when the team is representing the school. They are to be ever mindful that their conduct and the conduct of their team are seen as an extension of the school.
9. Responsible to encourage academic and desirable student/teacher relationships.
10. Responsible to coordinate with Athletic Director pertaining to the budget, injuries, rosters, inventory, and eligibility; and to maintain complete and accurate records.
11. Responsible for compliance with all School District policies and administrative regulations relative to fundraising and conducting camps and clinics.
12. Responsible to cooperate with other coaches in providing the optimum sports program possible under existing conditions.
13. Responsible to consult with the Athletic Director in matters in budgeting, scheduling, and purchasing of equipment.
14. Responsible to provide each athlete and his/her parents, in writing, program expectations, fund rising expectations, award standards, and rules of conduct. Coaches are to enforce established standards and insure that due process is observed.
15. Responsible for compliance with the OSAA out-of-season practice limitations rule.
16. Responsible to see that no athlete participates before providing the coach with completed Athletic Participation Forms.
17. Responsible to see that no student athlete is permitted to participate unless he or she is in good physical condition and has completed all required stretching, warm up, and conditioning prior to participating in the athletic activity.
18. Responsible to supervise the students in the area being used for the activity, i.e. gym, locker room, weight-room, bus, etc.
19. Responsible to make recommendations to the Athletic Director for player awards in accordance with the procedures established by the school.
20. Responsible to conduct awards presentations for his/her sport.
21. Responsible to conduct an evaluation at the end of the season dealing with the success of the season and the assistant coaches’ performance.
22. Responsible to promote and encourage participation in the sport.
23. Responsible to represent the school at required meetings in the Northwest Oregon Conference.
24. Responsible for attending all meetings concerning the promotion of athletics in the district. (Boosters, Athletic Council, etc.)
25. Responsible for attending all practices and games unless otherwise excused by the Administration or Athletic Director.
26. Responsible for other duties related to their assignment as designated by the School Administration and/or Athletic Director.
1. High School Diploma or Equivalent.
2. Ability and skill to oversee and direct the athletic team to which assigned.
3. Personal qualifications which indicate an ability to understand and work with youth
4. Prior job-related experience will be considered but not required.
5. Such alternative or additional qualifications as the Administration/Athletic Director may find appropriate or acceptable.
6. Must have or willing to obtain NFHS Certification and Steroid and Concussion Management Training.
7. Must have or willing to attend Blood Borne Pathogens, Sexual Harassment, Bullying Prevention and Child Abuse Training.
8. Must be willing to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
9. Must have or be able to obtain a First Aid and CPR certification.
Apply Now if you are interested!